Friday, January 18, 2008

My Musings Over Coffee

So, I'm having one of those weeks that has kept me in perpetually deep thought for the most part. Deep thought over nothing. And everything. Some are fickle, that people roll their eyes and say "Oh, she's a teenager and will grow out of it." and some of them are huge decisions that will affect me forever.

I found out about a week ago that I had failed the second quarter of Algebra 2. I was given two choices. I could either continue Algebra 2 in a different class, which we would have to ask the principal to do, or I could move to Bridges, and retake Algebra next year, and still get a math credit for the year. No, this is not as easy a decision as it sounds. I did end up moving down to Bridges, but the whole thing was an extreme pain in the buttocks. I still don't like the idea of me wasting a whole semester.

While we're on the subject of things wrong with school, did I mention I got a D on the Anatomy Exam?

I did however, end up getting a B- on my KAP History exam. Snaps for this great blessing from the Lord most high.

I also found out that I can be starting college next year. I can do post-secondary and have a year of college done when I graduate. This actually was a no-brainer. I am so doing that.

So, because of that, I signed up for the ACT last night. In April. That scares the poo out of me. (P.S. That may have been my proudest moment as a blogger EVER).

Also, Friday, I found out that Brittany, one of my friends from quizzing, is getting married August 16. When did this happen? My friends that I used to play war games with in the lobbies of churches for bible quizzing aren't supposed to be getting married! Me and Brittany used to write letters back and forth about 9YG! When did my friends turn into grown-ups?

And then, as with all my pondering, we have the guy scene. This is just too messed up to even comprehend. I wish that I didn't like anyone at the second. Because it's a pain in the butt. And I always like the ones I can't have. Which is why I will probably be going solo to the V-day Banquet. All though people are telling me to ask one person in particular. Who would say no. And would make life extremely awkward and painful. So what else is new?

So, I'm running out of time. Bus will be here soon and my brain is still in overdrive. Possibly more later. But who knows?

5 comments:

the lizness said...

well, please don't think that you are running out of time on the guy scene. If she is under 25, she is WAY TOO YOUNG to be getting married.

:) the best guys wait for the best girls

Anonymous said...

No disrespect to Liz but I don't know
that there is such a thing, within reason of course, as to young. People said that your dad and I were to young and would never make it but here we are almost 20 years later. I think the important thing is to wait on God's time and not make it our own
time(I know easier said than done). You have a full life ahead of you no need to rush. O.K. off my soapbox now.
Mom

The Muffin said...

Yay, Mom!

snb-the glamourista said...

i don't know how much weight this comment will carry since i'm not married, but though i thought i was ready at 16 (i was engaged then), looking back, i wasn't. i'm a different person than i was at 16. my ideals and goals have changed, and i would NEVER marry that same person now. that's not to say young marriages don't work because my grandparents took that route and it was the absolute will of god...but i think such a big step should be taken very, very carefully.

Carolyn said...

OK, first of all, you are NOT going to the v-day thing "solo." Ask! ASKASKASK just ask. What could it hurt? I'd bet money that he says yes! :) And secondly, I went back and read the "poo" blog. NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!! That has to be the absolute most disgusting thing I have ever seen, and I've changed some pretty messed up diapers! (lol) Ew! EW!EW!EW! *wretching!*