Saturday, April 24, 2010

Thank You Note

Dear God,

My parents always taught me that when you get something, you're supposed to write a thank you note. So here is one for you. However mindless it may seem. I just felt like writing it all out.

This week bombed. It really kind of did. I won't lie. I have been exhausted, stressed, and emotional. School has piled up, sometimes stuff just doesn't go my way, and a lot of times, I really didn't (still don't, to tell you the truth) get where you're going with some stuff. I have gone to bed in tears more times this week than I have a long time, asking you for help. And guidance. And peace. And, most of all, strength.

And today, you showed up.

Not that you were ever gone. But you showed up today seemingly out of nowhere.

Have I ever mentioned how awesome you are and how much I love you? Because you're totally awesome and I love you.

You get it. You really get it. You get ME. You knew the whole time. You still know.

And you showed up when I needed you.

It was out of nowhere. Just a miraculously powerful peace in the middle of the stress and....just...well, life. Just sitting in class today, worn out, running on another night of three hours of sleep, you showed up and poured out your love and peace and showed me that you were right there with me the whole time and that you've got it all under control.

I'm happy today, God. I really am. I'm not just happy. I'm joyful. I have your joy. That I needed. Right when I needed it.

And for that, all I have to say is thank you. I can't say much else. I wish I could, but there just aren't words.

Thank you.

No comments: