Tuesday, August 5, 2008

This next week...

I don't think I mentioned on here that I quit my job. I gave them 2 weeks notice about a week and a half ago. I'm staying on for Saturdays until I get a new job. Yeah. I quit my job and have no job to follow it up. Great move, Muffin.

In my defense though, I'm not quitting because I hate it there. On the contrary. I love my job. I love my regulars and will miss them when I leave. I'm pretty much just quitting because of the conflict with my schedule once school starts. Since I start school part-time in 2 weeks, and full time in 3, and I don't want to be starting a new job and full-time senior year school at the same time. So, I quit now. But, all that being said, there are certain things that have motivated me to quit, in addition to that. Things that have me singing the praises of the last week at my job. Things named "manager at my job". I can't even go into this in enough depth. This is the girl who trained me and since I started there in May, she's been kinda horrible. Okay, a lot. She's a fairly nice person, but incredibly irresponsible. But oh well, I just have to make it through this week and a few weekends, and then I don't have to put up with her anymore. Aside from her, though, it's great. The girl who's taking over my shift is really awesome. She's the one who covered Wednesday's for me, my only day off because of church. So, even with the one problem, I still like my job and am a little bummed about leaving.

Oh, and on the new job front, the movie store down the street from me is having open interviews 12-3 on Saturday. I will definitely have to check that out. I'd also like to try the Mexican restaurants here in town. I'll keep you updated.

As for what's going on after my last day (Monday), I'm subjecting myself to horrid torture again. Dawn has recruited me for another vacation. Okay, so it's actually very,very fun. But never boring, and definitely interesting. Anything can happen with those kids. The last time I did this, we were in a large city and walked a ton. And we had issues with non-English-speaking Chinese restaurants. This time, caves, bunkhouses, and detached bathroom/showers are on the agenda. Dawn has informed me that the place we're all staying at is a 10-bunk bunkhouse, and she has been told that the bathroom and shower are "right across the road". I asked her how big/busy that road was. She doesn't know. I'm scared. This time there will be 5 children instead of 4, and 3 adults instead of 2. Maybe that will work better. Who knows? Anyway, we're going to Mammoth Cave, leaving on Tuesday.6 days of vacation. If you could call it that.

No comments: