Monday, June 2, 2008

Catch Up

I haven't blogged, like, actual blogging, in forever. It's kinda sad really. Because lots has gone on.

So, let's start with the obvious, I am now a Senior in high school, Hallelujah, praise the Lamb. I only have one more year before I am out of there. And this year, I'm not even going to be at the actual High School the whole time, because I'll be doing Teacher Academy and night classes at COTC a few days a week. My guidance counselor is forcing me to take a study hall against my will next year, even though she's probably right in doing so. Here's the thing though, I hate, hate, hate study halls. I feel like I'm wasting a credit. She's like, you have all the credits you need either taken or scheduled, so you're good. I don't believe her. I'm emailing her and seeing if I can just take a study hall 2nd semester and take creative writing 1st semester. I've been waiting all year to do so and just now have the room in my schedule. I'm dying to take it. Either that or expository writing (journalism). The only parts I really like about English are the reading and the writing (I'm a grammar Nazi already, I don't need more reasons to be one) and with writing, I loooove writing stories. That's really what I liked about 8th grade English. No gerunds, infinitives, and participles, but TONS of creative writing. And I've got the reading covered WITHOUT the class, so I'm good.

Speaking of school, Rachol graduated yesterday. I was invited to go, and then a special visitor showed up for her, too. My cousin showed up with roses for her. It was sweet. I'm incredibly jealous. Anyway, she was awarded a pin for being consistently on the merit roll and we all cheered for her. We  didn't have a bullhorn like one person's family in the crowd, but we compensated for it. I have pictures, but currently can't upload them. Poo.

Work is also wonderful. I love my job. I got my first paycheck on Saturday and was beyond psyched to have it. However, the rest of Saturday was kind of cruddy. I pulled a ten, yes, TEN hour day. I know I'm going to get comments from people saying, "Oh....nerr na ner....ten hours isn't so bad....nerr nerr..." but, hey, I was the one in the little box in 82 degree weather and when you're making a horrible mess of steamed milk and chocolate-mint lattes, and your computer overheats so that you can't use it and your only comfort is that, hey, these customers are sometimes pretty nice and as an added bonus, they sometimes tip me, and hey, I usually love my job, and hey, look! my friend is driving through (also Rachol), 10 hours is a very, very, very long day. Worth it, but long.

I also was at Dawn's this week. Like, more time than usual. I went there after exams on Wednesday until I had to go to work. And then went there after exams on Friday and stayed the night (in the middle of that HUGE thunderstorm and tornado watch. Oh, that was fun.) and  then went there last night for a cookout. Too many small children + Trampoline + "Becky, let's play popcorn!!!"x the many small children asking= The Muffin's insanity. Remind me again why  I want so many kids?

Oh, speaking of Dawn's cookout, I got to talk to another blogger yesterday in real life! Apparently, she has a voice and doesn't just sound like a typing keyboard! Shocker, I know! I was so not expecting that. It was fun though, despite John's whininess because he doesn't understand how people can stay on the phone for long periods of time. That also might have had something to do with the fact that it was his phone. He was supposed to be fixing bike's for small children anyway, so I don't know what the big deal was.

So, finally, my agenda for this week. *clears throat* Sleep in, work, sleep in, work, sleep in, work, go to church, sleep in, go to work, sleep in, go to work, possibly wake up very early, possibly go to work, go to HOP party at Carolyn's house, sleep.

Sounds like a blast, right?

No comments: