Monday, April 14, 2008

Weighing My Options

First off may I say, that I had a really long and beautiful post on this subject earlier today, but Blogger can be rather moronic sometimes and deleted it!

Anger. I haz it.

Anyway.

So, yesterday and today I've talked Mistie's ear off. Luckily, she either doesn't care or pretends not to. This works greatly to my advantage.

I sent my ACT scores to my top in-state and out-of-state school. I'm freaking out prematurely, of course, because I haven't even applied to either school, nor have I even gotten my ACT scores back yet.

Here's my dilemma-

I'm ready to run away. Far away. There are some things that I don't particularly want to leave behind here in Ye Olde Yellow Jacket Town, but I need to escape, if only for a little while. What I need to decide is how far exactly I want to run away.

I can either go to Kent, which is up by Canton, where I have family and friends, and would either go to church at Canton or Barberton. Or I have Marymount, where I have family and friends and the Smithsonian Museum of American History a 20 minute Metro ride away.

The pros of Kent are the cost is a lot better for me, the possibility of skipping out on room and board if I can con my way to staying with my aunt and uncle who live in Canton, and if I need to come back and see my friends and family in a big way, it's only 2 and 1/2 hours away.

The pros of Marymount are the greater possibility of financial aid, a smaller campus, and did I mention my dear old friend Smithsonian?

The main problem with Marymount is the distance. I'm ready to leave, but am I 8 hours worth of readiness to move? And also the cost is ginormously more.

The main problem with Kent is.....well....no Smithsonian. So, there are a few more, but I don't exactly want to air ALL of my dirty laundry on the web.

And there are a few other things to take into consideration, which I don't exactly want to go into because
  1. It's none of your beeswax, madam (or monsieur)
  2. I had a nice eloquent post and now it's all gone.
If I care for you to know, I'll call or text you. Or you can do likewise and I'll tell you if I care what you think. Or if I think you should care what I think. Yeah. You get the point.

No comments: