Tuesday, April 22, 2008

More News

NBC is reporting more news about Mr.Freshwater, and so is the local news. I have no idea what to think about the latest and greatest news. I don't have any idea right now. I am beyond confused and really am thinking that I should stay neutral at the second. Maybe I've made a huge mistake and not looked at all of what's going on. If this is just about the Bible, then I'm incredibly opposed. But if what these people say is true, which I can't know for sure because it never happened while I was in his class, then I have been completely out of line. Not incredibly, because there's no way I could have known, but still, a part of me will feel, I don't know if guilty is the word for it, but maybe I shouldn't have questioned the authority of the administrators as much as I did. If that makes any sense at all.

We had a student attempt to be cute and funny last night and today, who decided to tell a bunch of people that Freshwater had been fired. Apparently, an announcement had been made that there would be a science teaching vacancy at Mount Vernon Middle School, and people made assumptions they shouldn't have and rumors spread like wildfire.

I though Nikki was joking when she MySpaced me last night, and then Lori told me this morning that it was true and that a walk-out was planned for 1:15, after all of the lunches were over. I promptly texted John, my aunt and uncle, and Carolyn with the "new developments" before heading into the school building, where EVERYONE was discussing what was going on.

Mrs.Kasler ended up coming on the intercom before our teachers commenced with classes and explained what was ACTUALLY going on. Mrs.White, who was my 7th grade science teacher, is transferring to East Elementary at the end of the year. People spread rumors, but none of it was true. No further action has been taken at this time.

I wonder how long it will stay that way.

No comments: