Wednesday, February 27, 2008

When Trust Is Gone...

I get along very well with adults. Better than with people my own age. I mean some of my best friends- Mistie, Carolyn, Dawn- are at least 5 years older than me.

There is an adult who I have been very close to for about the past year. I trusted them very much and confided most everything in them. (It is none of the afore mentioned people. Mistie and Carolyn, you can take a breather of relief.) About a month ago, this person did something that hurt me incredibly badly. I may be overreacting a little bit, but it hurt incredibly.

The thing that kills me about this situation is that I can no longer really talk to this person and be sure that they are being honest with me. I have so much going on right now, most of all this one big roller-coaster of a problem that I can't really go into here because of some people who read this, and I don't know who to confide in. I don't know who to go to for advice on the matter and I miss having a trustworthy adult (no offense, guys) who I could sit and have conversations with. I mean, I still can talk but it's not the same. That trust is gone.

I want to go and talk to the individual about the issue I'm having. I'm so afraid that the words won't come out right and I'll destroy a very good friendship and mentorship. That terrifies me.

2 comments:

Don Ryan said...

Your blog is starting to ready like a Victor Hugo novel. I'm just sayin'...

Theresa said...

Becky, a little advice that you can take or leave. I have always found that going to the person that hurt me is a good policy. If you need to, make some notes of points you need to discuss. And then don't just air your side, give them a chance to respond.