Friday, May 21, 2010

One Epic Year

Yesterday marked the end of the most epic and life-changing year of my life.

May 20, 2009 would be the day that my life changed in the most unexpected way possible.

I've said it so much in the past five months, that I never, ever, in a million years imagined that I would be doing what I'm doing now, where I am, or any of that good stuff. I keep thinking over and over again what it would be like to go back and see myself on that night, to look at my thoughts and to know at that instant that I was looking at some of my best friends and the people who would change my life.

For those of you who are slow, or haven't picked up on this, May 20 was the night that the chorale from Gateway stopped in Mt.Vernon. And it was the night that God pretty much straight up told me that I wasn't going to Kent State and I was going to be making my way to Florissant, Missouri instead.

A year has passed and it's not even just the whole Gateway thing that has changed in my life. In the time since that night, I've graduated from high school, gone to a foreign country, lived there for a few months, come home, got a job, left a job, essentially moved away from home not once, but twice, lost friends, gained friends, had friends get married, became an aunt, and so much more that I can't even write here. I've spent more time on planes in the past year than the rest of my entire life, including that brief 26-hour trip to and from South America. Twice. To and from Missouri. Twice.

It. Is. Insane.

I don't have any deep words today. I haven't had any of those lately, actually. But today, I'm surprised I don't. I'm just in awe of how much can change in a year. How much I changed in a year. And if this much could happen in one year, I'm amazed to think what could happen from here on out.

1 comment:

MotherT said...

And I am amazed at how much you have changed! It is a wonderful thing to behold.