Friday, January 8, 2010

Welcome to the Shoebox

I feel like a sad, pathetic loser. I don't have many friends here yet, so I'm kind of bored and so therefore, I'm sittting here at 10 PM on a Friday night with nothing to do and in my pajamas. Hooray for that?

So, anyway, who wants to see the place I'll be blogging from for a while?


For those of you who don't know, this is Gateway College of Evangelism in St.Louis, Missouri. It's a pretty awesome school, with some pretty awesome alumni (Wave, Mrs. Lemon!) I'm majoring in Missions, which is a collaborative accredited degree program with St.Louis Christian College. When I graduate, I will have a Bachelor's in Intercultural  Urban Missions and certification in TESOL, which is like ESL. The move was not as hard as my first one, but it has it's moments, like tonight, where I get homesick and want to be with my friends and family. But it isn't nearly as bad as Paraguay, although the internet is about of the same quality.

At first sight, my shoebox..... I mean, room, looks like a jail cell and is about the size of a peanut. But with some TLC....

I kind of like it. It's small, but it's cozy. And I love that I don't have to share a room. That's kind of lovely.

Here's some more of my room.




And the actual tour:


2 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Did you have any help getting all your stuff upstairs? Mrs Lemon had lots of stuff and a couple of guys volunteered to help carry it up. Is there an elevator now? There wasn't one back then.

Timotab said...

Hi there. Found you via twitter (I'm timotab there too) Welcome to St Louis; sorry you had to arrive with such cold weather. Will you be looking for a church? I'm a member of a http://the-vineyard.org in South County. I know it's a little far from Florissant, but it's a good church. We also support a ministry for immigrants in St Louis (mostly from Iraq, Bosnia, Myanmar) that helps with settling in, getting furniture, and teaching them English. As for a social life, I also run a board game group which is very sociable and the members are very friendly. You'd be welcome to join us. Drop me a line if you'd like more information.