Monday, January 25, 2010

An Urgent Prayer Request

For those of you who don't know, for the past several months, my aunt and uncle have been going through the adoption process to get a little girl from India. Things have been difficult since November, but we have been praying that things would work out.

This weekend, the were supposed to make the trip to Chennai to pick up the little girl. They were informed, just before departing, that her paperwork was still not ready, but they decided to make the trip anyway, because they hadn't been able to visit her during the last trip to India because of weather and other extenuating circumstances. So, they planned on going to meet this little girl, whom they call Hadassah.

At this point, I will not give a lot of details because I have not personally spoken with them and my details are only what I've heard on Facebook from my uncle and they are sketchy. What I do know is that the adoption process has been cancelled and that my aunt and uncle were severely scammed. They are currently preparing to return home tonight.

I would ask for you to pray for them, and for the rest of our family as well. This has been devastating for all of us. Please pray for comfort. My uncle has requested prayer for the man that deceived them, that he would have an opportunity to repent. Pray that God would make a way for His will to be done, and for us to be willing to accept whatever that is.

No comments: