Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Birthday and Other Things


I'm sorry that my first post back was such a downer. I haven't had a lot to say lately, but although I wasn't incredibly close to Gabby, I felt like I should say something. It seems unreal to me. She's just always been there at camp. She was always in the same dorm as me at camp and always worked at concessions. It just seems so unfair to me that such a young life was lost. The silver lining to all of this, if you can really call it that, is that she saved eight lives when hers was lost through being an organ donor. That's just like her. Always giving, even at the end of her life. She was a sweet girl and will be greatly missed.

Not a lot has been going on lately; nothing that I've wanted to write anyway. I've filled out so many job applications, it's not even funny. Not a single call back in regards to an interview, since the one at the temp agency about a month ago. I got a call from a local bank asking me to submit more information (i.e. my stupid resume that failed to attach) and they told me that they would call me back, but I haven't heard a thing. I've even done the one thing I said I would never do, and put in an application at fast food places. Taco Bell and Burger King were the only two that I could bring myself to put in applications for. I've done a form of food service before, and didn't like it much. I've also put in applications at Tim Horton's, JC Penney, Wal-Mart (and you'll be happy to know that I passed their employee-customer relations test when I submitted the application), Bob Evan's, and Staples. If I had my pick, I'd be at Staples. But alas, no call whatsoever. FAIL.

Today (yesterday in all technicality) was my birthday. I turned nineteen (sweet Lord, I'm getting old) and feel no different than I did at eighteen. What a disappointment. I celebrated this momentous-ish occasion by going to Easton Town Center in Columbus and spending my parents' money. On sheet music. The Broadway kind.


And I shall play and ears shall bleed because I did not practice all summer. Be glad you are not in this house while the notes to "Defying Gravity" are fumbled through. And if you happen to stumble upon the house while I'm fumbling through, just pray I don't start singing. There's a reason I stick to signing. No ears bleed in the process.

I also celebrated by faux-falling.


And sipping Cherry Coke while my brother picked casually scratched his nose.

Now, you may prepare to say "Awwwww...."

No comments: