Monday, June 29, 2009

Last Day In The USA

This time tomorrow, I will be flying somewhere between Mexico and Central America on my way to Buenos Aires, and then to Paraguay. I have been horrible about keeping up with the blog over the past week, because I have been so stinking busy spending last evenings with friends and family, packing, unpacking, and repacking, and experimenting with just how much can fit into a carry-on suitcase.

(The answer to that last one is, a lot. More than the poor suitcase can probably take.)

Between spending a couple nights at Dawn's for the last time, getting thrown into a pool by Cerri, and putting spoons in a certain new homeowner's yard, it's been crazy. I've spent far more money than is probably necessary...well, that's not true. More than I planned on spending, at least, but I'm finally ready to go.

Tonight was my last service at my home church for a while. Carolyn and I did a sign language song (which was awesome) and I got more hugs, kisses, and prayers than I have ever received in my entire life. Even my grandpa, who never gets choked up and is pictured above, prayed over me and got pretty emotional. It hasn't really sunken in that I'm not going to see anyone for six months. I don't think it will hit me until I'm on my way to Houston for my first layover tomorrow. Then the poo will probably hit the fan. Who knows really? God does, actually. He hasn't let me down yet and I don't expect him to within the next couple of days. Prayers are going to be greatly appreciated.

I will be live blogging on the way there. I have two four-hour layovers, one in Houston, and one in Buenos Aires. I'll type at you then!

No comments: