Monday, April 6, 2009

Weight Off of My Shoulders

I finally got a lot of things taken care of today. For about an hour this afternoon, I was rotating between calling Kent State and the Paraguayan Consulate in New York City. I'm trying to work around being out of the country when housing applications are due. The application for Spring 2010 was finally put up on the website, so that's filled out and applied for. The residential department says that they'll call me back within the next few days. The college situation is starting to shape up.

The situation with the consulate went much better this time around. I got the answers I needed and got an application. Apparently it only takes 24-48 hours to get a visa, which is a lot less complex than I thought it would be. I send an email to the Birs last night asking about some of the details that I will need for the application. I need to track down my ID, which I've lost, and my passport photos, and then I'll be able to get my visa.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't freaking out about my fundraising. I still don't even have enough for my plane ticket and I'm leaving in two months. I need $7250 and only have about $1300.  A plane ticket is $1800, plus the UPCI headquarters has to have half of my budget. I'm going to try to send another batch of fundraising letters to churches. I'm really starting to get scared about that.

So, on the note, don't forget the little fundraising button on the sidebar.

My presentation from the church is here , too.

No comments: