Friday, April 10, 2009

Issues

I sent out about a third to a half of my second mailing today. I still have a stack of letters that need to go out, but don't have envelopes, signatures, or pledge forms. I'm trying to think of ways to make more money. Fundraiser-wise that is. It's really hard because right now the youth group is doing fundraisers for Youth Congress. That's not helping me all that much. People usually serve food after church or do bake sales. But I can't bake and don't even know where to start on serving food after church. I don't know who to ask for help, because I have a feeling that if I ask for help via youth group, I will get the following response-

"Well, you have to understand that we're raising money for our own thing right now and that people don't usually even show up for that. So, I don't think it will work."

Personally, I don't think it would work either. But it would be nice to have a starting point.

The hat selling does not go well. I would like to try and sell them on Easter Sunday at church, when everyone and their mother will be there, but I don't know if I'll be allowed to do so. I may also ask if something can be put in the bulletin about me still selling them. If I don't sell them, I may try to open an eBay store to sell them. Hopefully that would go better.

No comments: