Monday, March 2, 2009

Simple Profundity

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
-Philippians 4:11


I really don't have any idea why, but when I saw this picture of me, from last night at Fiesta, a strange thought occurred to me.

For once in my life, I am truly happy.

It really doesn't seem like it from the outside. Thinks have never been more confusing, more difficult, or more strange for me than they are right now. There are things in my life that I really wish weren't there, and  there are things in my life that I want that aren't there anymore.

And yet, I'm happy.

I'm healthy. I've been watching what I eat and exercising. I have friends that I do this with who keep me accountable for this. I lost eight pounds last month.

I have great friends. I know who my real friends are, and although I'm too nice to cut out the backstabbers in my life completely, I have learned to take what they say with a grain of salt.

My relationship with God has never been better. I attempt to make time for my Bible reading, even though I do slack. I pray much more. I'm doing what he wants me to do to the best of my ability. I'm trying to filter what I do, say, and listen to. He really confuses me, but my life would be boring if I knew what was going on.

My grades....well...they could be much better, but I'm trying to make them better. I like most of my classes, and in a few months, I'll be rid of the people whom I can't stand.

There's good right now, and bad right now, and I don't know why it just randomly hit me, but I am. I really am.

I'm happy.

No comments: