Saturday, September 13, 2008

That's Comforting, Gabri....

I love my sister, but sometimes she's just not that comforting.

She has this obsession with mermaid-style wedding gowns (I'm training her young) and we were looking at some today in the new Brides magazine that I bought at the store. Yes, it's my guilty pleasure. So sue me. Anyway. She asks me, "Sissy, what dress are you going to wear when you get married?"
"Probably a ballgown."
"Can I help you pick it?"
"Sure."
"Right now?"
"Probably not."
"Why?"
"Because I'm not getting married right now."
"You're not?"
"Um...no."
"But Mommy was 17 when she got married."
"Uh-huh. You don't have to get married when you're 17."
"When you're 18 will  you get married?"
"Probably not."
"Why?"
"Because I don't have anyone who wants to married to me. And I don't want to get married, yet."
"They don't like you?"
"Nope."
"They hate you?"
"I don't know that I'd say that."
"Sissy?"
"Yeah?"
"You need to find someone who thinks you're pretty."
"I do?"
"Yeah. Because then they won't hate you."
"Thanks."
"Sissy?"
"Yeah"
"I think you won't get married till before you're 100."
"Thanks, Noonle."
"You're welcome, Sissy."

No comments: