Monday, May 5, 2008

Corrupting Youth and Less Than Threeing My Friends

I am bumming hard about my dumb Mentorship for Leadership banquet and presentation tomorrow. This probably has something to do with the fact that I have VERY little done on the presentation. Also, that Carolyn wanted me to go over and play Guitar Hero tomorrow night. Boo! I less than three Guitar Hero. I also less than three Carolyn for her possession of Guitar Hero. We must do our gaming a different night.

Also, I have come to realize how geeky my friends are, and how much I don't care. How many other people have friends who will send them Pokemon via Facebook? Not many. Exactly. One of my friends, Luke, sent me a Caterpie on Facebook. Only I would know what a Caterpie is (I was obsessed in third grade). Don't judge me. My friends are awesome, despite the geekiness.

I had orientation for Teacher Academy. Pretty much blah blah blah, confidentiality about students, blah blah blah, dress code, blah blah, something about a farm, yada yada yada. I was just so overjoyed to see all of the prissy annoying girls want to be teachers, too. This should be fun. At least Rachel will be there to mock them with me. We requested our first assignments today, the ones for Early Childhood. I requested kindergarten or first grade at my old elementary school, which would be a blast. Over the course of next year, I will do that, a Middle Childhood Ed, and Special Ed placement. I'm going to request eighth grade social studies, preferably with my VERY favorite teacher of all time, Mr. Cook, who was amazing. I was definitely the favorite in that class, and if I am not able to teach kindergarten, social studies would be my second choice. I am such a history buff. I have to admit I'm not looking forward to my Special Ed rotation. It's not something I'm particularly interested in, and I don't know that I have the patience for it. I also think that it would be a very sad thing to do. But we'll see. 

Anatomy and Physiology has been interesting today, and tomorrow it won't be much better. I have never seen a group of Juniors and Seniors regress to second grade so fast as they did today in that class. We were discussing the basic....umm....things that make life continue to exist. The class was incredibly giggly and it was all that I could do to keep from absolutely losing it. Tomorrow is going to be MUCH more embarrassing, for reasons that would cause this blog to no longer be rated G if I posted them. You get the picture. Let's just say studying is a very hard thing to do when you giggle every time you get the diagram. It's not good, people. And people wonder why I decided NOT to go to Med School?

No comments: