Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Holy Spirit, Rain

Since January, as I've said before, our church has been dealing with some serious things. These all started back in January when our youth group attended Mid-Winter Youth retreat, and a few girls and myself made a promise to God that we would not be the same in our walk with him this year, and were going to dedicate ourselves to him completely. Sickness, heartache, and various other problems left our youth group and many other precious saints in our church battered and bleeding. Despite all of these problems, we have held strong, and trusted in God to bring us through.

None of us knew why we were being tried, but we knew that something was on the horizon. 

Tonight, we began to reap the harvest.

My friend, Lori, has been attempting to get the Holy Ghost since Mid-Winter. She got it tonight. Her friend, Jenny, who my group at school has kind of "adopted" came to church for the first time tonight. We've been begging her to come since September. She also received the Holy Ghost. At least 1 or 2 more did, as well.

I was very proud to witness one of the little girls who has recently begun coming to my Sunday School class be baptized tonight, along with her father. Two of the other girls, including my cousin, Josey, were baptized in Jesus name tonight. A girl from my school, Sarah, whose mother was recently baptized, was baptized tonight. Rhonda, a lady who began coming about 6 months ago, was also baptized tonight.

Bro.Elliot began having chest pains during song service tonight. Several men went to pray for him and he was healed.

For those of you who aren't aware, our church is in the middle of an outreach and revival week. We have amazing things planned for this weekend. We have passed out door hangers. There are at least 5 fliers hanging on lockers at school. Teams have been going into the city and telling people about the events. I have probably one, maybe two friends coming on Sunday, and if the second (Nikki) comes, she may bring her boyfriend, Jason, as well. We will be having a crusade service on Sunday, at 2 PM. The Bible says, in Joel chapter 2, verses 23 and 24-

23 Be glad then, you children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord, your God; for He gives you the former or early rain in just measure and in righteousness, and He causes to come down for you the rain, the former rain and the latter rain, as before.

24 And the [threshing] floors shall be full of grain and the vats shall overflow with juice [of the grape] and oil.

After reading that verse, and seeing tonight's miracles, I am so ready for the harvest. We have been tried. We have stood strong. And now we are reaping. 


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I got the pix message of Josey last night. Soooo awesome!!!

Carolyn said...

Wow Becky. This is a wonderful blog! Amazing!

NinjaJohn said...

Man! I HATE my work schedule. I miss Bible study nights. I need those pics of Josey too. I will be out tonight (Fri) to help with the outreach, and have tomorrow off to be at Michael's memorial service and the event at Riverside park.