Friday, September 1, 2006

Deep thoughts

I hung out at Rachel's house this afternoon. We studied a little bit (a VERY little bit) and goofed off for most of the time. Somewhere along the way we discussed my favorite subject. Rachel's dad died of lung cancer when she was 7 years old. He found out a few months before and the cancer spread very quickly and he apparently suffered a lot. After all of this happened, Rachel kind of came to the conclusion that God did not care about her anymore. We've had discussions like this before but never this deep. The way she talks it's like she has just lost the ability to trust and believe. It scares me a little. I mean, I don't want any of my friends left behind or to suffer. It's stressful. I haven't gone through probably even a quarter of the stuff that she has gone through, and I seriously just don't understand. I don't know how to reach her. Any ideas?

No comments: