Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's All Over

I wish I had some nostalgic thing to say now that I'm done with high school, but it really hasn't hit me yet. High school wasn't the big thing that I always thought it was going to be. There are tons of people who think that now that we're graduating, the world is over. Those are the people that are going to be at our twenty year reunion talking about the three-point shot that they made or their cheerleader status. Maybe that's an unfair statement, because it's not just going to be the jocks. There will be people dwelling on ACT scores and science fair projects forever. It's just not important anymore. 
These were not the best years of my life, like everyone said. I was picked on, rejected, and had more issues with stress than I care to ever go through again.  I got an autoimmune disease from all that stress in tenth grade. If these were the best years of my life, then I want a refund. 
Tomorrow, at commencement practice,  there will be people crying because they're leaving all of this behind. I couldn't be happier.
And that's why I didn't get picked to be commencement speaker.

No comments: