Thursday, April 30, 2009

Senior Snack, Lack of Commencing, and Other Miscellanious Assortment

I didn't get commencement speaker.

I didn't even get a recall, like six of the eighteen of the people. I pretended like I didn't care, but in all honesty, did not take that well at all. I was a little crushed, which I felt dumb for, because in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. But I was. I'm better with it now, still semi-distraught, but much better than on Tuesday when I actually found out. That was no fun at all. Today, Mr.Tuel, the librarian and one of the judges for the contest, came up to me and said that he was, for what it was worth, very sorry that he didn't have better news about the commencement speech. This proceeded to make me feel all choked up again. Not good times.

I have one more grand decision to make towards high school. I now have to decide what my senior snack is going to be. What is the senior snack? Well, I'm glad you asked. As I have mentioned many times before, on Tuesdays and Thursdays there is great delicious goodness in the library workroom as Mrs.Fritz is a baking machine. She makes cakes, pies, cheesecakes, crisps, root beer floats, bean dip, cheese dip, various other mexican dishes, and today she made peanut butter brownies with chocolate ganache.

Oh. Dear. Lord.

Delish.

So, apparently, she only has three seniors working in the library this semester, me and two guys in the third period (I'm in second). So, she's going to make whatever we want for our last day as a senior. This is going to be tough.

I have not yet picked the teacher whom I will honor at commencement, but I now have it narrowed down to three. Good for me.

Two months from today, I will be in Paraguay. Two months from yesterday, I will get on the plane. In addition, it looks like I may have to pick cost effectiveness over enjoyment. I have always wanted to go to Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have been stoked about that for the past several months, because I would have a layover there. However, in order to have a layover there, and not in Sao Paolo,Brazil, it is about $100 extra. This $100 isn't a lot, but as I'm struggling for funds anyway, it may be a bigger deal than I thought. I'm not thrilled about this, but I have to do what I have to do. I currently have enough for my ticket, but once I get there, I won't be able to live or eat. Huzzah.

And in other news, a poll released today said the following: How would you grade President Barack Obama's performance thus far? The majority of respondents gave him either an F (71%) or an A+ (14%).(It's from here.) That's nice. And overwhelming.

No comments: