Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Practicing and Preaching

There's a lot of teaching going on this week with me.

Let's work backwards so that my clever tie-in looks seamless, shall we?

Thursday I teach an actual lesson to my special ed kids. With a computer. God help me. That should be fun.

Yesterday, I gave my senior presentation over genetic screening. It went very well and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Maybe that's because they got to stare down Ethan Hawke on a big screen for ten minutes while watching Gattaca. That is pretty awesome. But, it went well, with lots of controversy and debate, leading to some pretty gruesome suggestions for what should be done. It was interesting, but I really hope that most of those guys never become genetic researchers. You don't even want to know.

Sunday was my first time teaching this week. It was a surprise and I had five minutes to plan a lesson. I wasn't sure exactly how long the lesson was supposed to go, so I finished way early. I had a lot of fun with it, and other than a visitor from school deciding to rip on me for my lesson being boring and my talking way too fast (for which Cerri proceeded to rip him a new one), people seemed to like it.

I must admit, however, that I feel very hypocritical after teaching that lesson. I was talking about people's plans versus God's plans and how God's plan is always going to work out how he wants it. I'm not really feeling as much faith as I was telling them to have, to be honest. Not as much at all.

Two months tomorrow is the day that I've been planning to leave for Paraguay. My faith in God in regards to that is, quite frankly, running very thin. I don't know what to do anymore. I barely have enough money for my plane ticket right now. I need to get at least $3500 to Foreign Missions before I go. $3500 in two months. And if I only raise that much, the likelihood of me being able to stay in Paraguay for that whole six months is very low. I think. I'm not sure. The donations are coming in very slowly, if at all. I sent out an ungodly number of letters this time around and got $120. At this point, even if I were to put all of my money that I have save with this money that I have raised, it still wouldn't be enough. I'll be very honest. I have my doubts about this. I'm trying to trust God, but at the same time, I'm getting irritated that after I've done everything he's said, I still don't have the resources to do what he told me to do.

I know I need to practice what I preached, but it's getting really tight.

No comments: