Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I made a boo-boo.

I drank coffee with Italian Sweet Cream in it just a minute ago. I forgot we were on a Daniel's fast this week. I also had a cookie.

Smack my hand.

It ws delicious.

Anyway, at the moment I'm on a computer with no sound, so I can't do any of my Spanish news clip article things. This does not give me joy. I have about half of the missing things done, ready to turn in today, and have until the end of the week, preferably tomorrow, to do the rest. Somebody's taking her laptop to Jr.Youth tonight, that's all I'm saying.

It may be the most tedious thing I've ever done in my life. Listen to a clip (audio or video, preferably video, so I can tell what the muffin they're talking about), write a summary. Find a related article by searching newspapers all over Latin America (which is pretty cool if you're not forced to do it). Write a summary. Repeat three times per assignment. Blech.

Although, in the process, I found live Peru TV. It happened to be a variation of the Food Network. I was extremely intrigued. The thing was, they were making Chinese food. This amused me to no end. A fried brain does that to you.

I (sort of) finished Heart of Darkness. Let's put it this way, I didn't really ever start it, but I skimmed the whole thing to fill out my answer sheets and looked up SparkNotes to find out what was going on, kind of like when I read Wuthering Heights, except for that I love Wuthering Heights and am not so much feeling the love for this "literary masterpiece by a guy who spoke Polish and learned English". Bully for him.

I also have a 200-word-essay (in Spanish) due today, synthesizing three sources about the impact of el ferrocarril. Kudos for whoever translates that (not you, Chantell. Sorry. =} ). Did I mention that the AP Test for Spanish a load of doo-doo? It is. I'll tell more about that later.

But now, a humorous article. Unfortunately, when this is the last week of the quarter, it doesn't do me much good.

No comments: