Friday, March 27, 2009

Embassy Crisis

I tried calling the Paraguayan embassy this morning. It didn't go well at all. The lady who answered the phone was speaking in Spanish, and was extremely rude to me. I would have tried to speak in Spanish, but that probably would have been even more disastrous.

So, she started speaking in English. But was really rude again and told me that she couldn't help me with the visa information and to call the Bureau of Consular Affairs. I got no number or anything to call them with. So, I had just spent five minutes trying to get answers and in the end, I got absolutely nothing and was incredibly frustrated.

I emailed the missionary, pretty much just drawing out, "I don't have any idea what I'm doing and want to shoot myself, please help me now!" for three paragraphs. Thankfully, I got a quick response from the missionaries, telling me to calm down and that everything was okay. The embassy is apparently usually rude to Americans and I'm just supposed to take it with a grain of salt. I'm going to get my ninety day visa, and then they will take me to Argentina to renew my visa for another ninety days because I'll only be there for six months, so it's all going to work out alright.

I'm so glad I have understanding people to work with.

No comments: