Monday, September 15, 2008

We Don't Like Ike

Ok, for some reason, Blogger hates me and won't let me do my pictures the way that I want to. But here are a few of the pictures from the "mild leftovers" from Hurricane Ike that hit last night. I was at Dawn's when it hit and she didn't lose power, so we got to church to see that it was cancelled. Someone came up to me and told me that my house and car got hit by a tree (they didn't, but I didn't know that), so I , who hates storms anyway, was hysterical, which was not a good thing. Our house (and cars) aren't hurt from the storm, but our neighbors carport wasn't so lucky (I'll get pictures later of that). So, while I'm at Dawn's and have power and internet (the lack of cell service is killing me), here are a few pictures I took last night.

This is a building frame that was (key word- "was") going up. I'll bet they're glad they have insurance.
This is near my house. Which has no power. Which is part of the reason I'm not there. Not really.
 
This is the HUGE branch that fell on Dawn's house. Part of the gutter is off. Her neighbor has powerlines on his porch.
More later...

No comments: