Sunday, June 10, 2007

Grandma Update

Quick update on my grandmother.

I went to go see her this afternoon. She was apparently having a much better day than Friday, which was when my grandpa called my dad. She had no memory on that day and couldn't get herself up. She hadn't been eating over the past couple days. Apparently yesterday and today her appetite has increased and she seemed to have her memory back today.

It's both good and bad at the same time. I know that when my grandmother died 6 years ago from the same type of cancer, it was at the end of April. About a week before she died, she improved drastically, the same way that my grandma is now. Needless to say, this scares the bajeebies out of me. I'm terrified when the phone rings that it's going to be someone saying that she's gone.

This morning I had a bit of a scare like that. On Sundays, my parents usually get me up at about 7:30. Well, this morning, my brother woke me up telling me "Hey, Becky, Uncle Ken and Aunt Julie are coming home!" Then I looked at the clock and it was 8:15. The first words that went through my mind were, "Oh crap." Then my dad explained that my aunt and uncle (and hey, Aunt Julie, I know you're lurking out there. You told me so yourself. Leave a comment for Pete's sake!) were starting to drive home tomorrow because they were preaching in Jackson, and that they hadn't woken me up because everyone was tired and had overslept. I was relieved.

No comments: