Sunday, May 6, 2007

Return to a Passion

Today has been an interesting day for me. I haven't taught Sunday School since about a month before our resignation from Minerva, so I was pleasantly surprised to see things in life even out a little today.

First off, I have great news that is accompanied by a prayer request. I got the okay from Pastor Kramer today, should we be able to get the kids to come to church, to start a Spanish Speaking Sunday School class. I asked Sis. Missy Potter and Jessica Parsons if they would be interested in helping and they both said yes. Now the only thing to do (Ha! look at me saying that like it's going to be easy. I don't have that much faith!) is to get the kids to come. Apparently, people have visited the house next to the church, which is full of Hispanic people, and they are fairly closed-minded about that. Hopefully they will be more open to sending their kids and through the kids, will be more apt to come to church. Please pray for God to open some doors and for guidance where this is concerned. And that no matter what the outcome His will be done.

Also, as if that wasn't enough, I was offered a Sunday School teaching position on a temporary basis, which also means that I could be class hopping for the next quarter or so, too. One of the teachers is going to be out frequently due to some stuff (wow, I'm feeling real detail-oriented today, aren't I?) and so I'm (maybe) going to sub. I was in this class not too long ago (read as: about half of my life ago[8 years]). This rocks.

So, I'm definately going to need prayer for guidance and direction over the next couple of weeks.

Oh, funny story about the afore mentioned class. We built this "prayer closet" (read as: cardboard box with a door cut in it with the words "pray here" across the 'door post', with a flashlight and some pillows to sit on, where we taped prayer requests inside and prayed.) So, during pre-service prayer I was in the spirit, praying with all my 8-year-old vigor and I fell asleep for about 5 minutes. I woke up and found that someone had put a stack of chairs in front of the door. Great. So I yelled at the top of my lungs for someone to get me out, but everyone had already gone upstairs and I didn't want to knock over the stack of chairs. So, I sat there for about 20 minutes until my mom came and found me. Great.

No comments: