Thursday, November 30, 2006

If you are having a good day...


For those of you who feel that you are just too darn happy on any given day, this is the book for you. In Parenting today Mrs.Melick started us reading the book, A Child Called "It". It will really put a crapper on your day. The story is an inspirational memoir from a man who was abused as a child by his mother, and when I say abused, that word doesn't even do those acts justice. I sat there in my Parenting class and Study Hall reading this book and just bawling my eyes out. It is such a sad story. As I have said before, I just don't understand what would posess a parent to do stuff like this to their children. It is unimaginable.

Reeeeeeally switching gears, I got my interim report today. I still have my 3.67, which is pretty much awesome.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

I've not read the article, but I'm sure the story behind it is horrendous!

And as hard as it is, we still have to have compassion for the abuser as well as the abused.
("Forgive them for they know not what they do")

Truly some messed up people out there in the world...sadly so!

Don't let this stuff (as heartbreaking as it can be) discourage you...you may someday make a difference in a child's life where there may have never been anything else to heal them and help them on.

Jewel said...

I've read the series (there are three books in the series) and it was tough going, but I wanted to see how he overcame the horrendous abuse he suffered. This is definitely not recreational reading material and it was almost sickening to read, but it just goes to show, once again, what a wonderful healer and deliverer our God is.