Friday, October 20, 2006

Going on a Field trip



As I said earlier, I am going to an FCCLA Meeting today. The meetings aren't really like a meeting. In the morning you go to 5 different workshops having to do with the theme, then you go to lunch in the Naz (Mount Vernon Nazerene University) Cafeteria, which is very yummy, then in the afternoon you play some games and then they have this ceremony where they induct new officers. This year the theme is Teen Struggles so some of the workshops have to do with suicide, alcohol and drugs (wow, didn't see that coming), and things like that.
I'm still trying to figure out how you can get to be an officer. Last year there was a ton of excitement in my class because one of the girls in my class got elected president of FCCLA. Well, unfortunately she had a problem with drugs and cutting herself and got the boot, so now another girl from my school is president. So today they are switching officers and Kaylin (the girl who is now president) will give the holy g (no, not grail) gavel to the new president, some girl from Clear Fork (isn't that a funny name?) and she will become public relations director. So that's all for now. I'll post more later.





Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com

No comments: