- Tracheoectomy- we learned the basics of placing a tube in the trachea and suctioning and cleaning it out.
- Basic Physical- Used a doppler to hear heart sounds, tested reflexes, and used a tuning fork to test hearing.
- IV's, Catheters, and Scopes- saw how to put in an IV and a catheter, experimented with otoscopes and opthomoscopes.
- Ventilators and Resusitation- they hooked us up to a ventilator and showed us how it worked.
- Intubation-How to put a tube in the throat.
- Stan- a very cool simulated patient in an ER environment. He died on us however
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
At camp today we had an afternoon class and we went to 6 different stations and learned how to do different medical procedures. Below are the stations and what we did at each. Each station had a test dummy with which we saw how they did the different procedures.